turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

As a single owner S-corp that pays myself wages on a w-2, do I select "Yes"to paying shareholders etc?

Also, am I considered an owner, officer, or shareholder? Some questions ask if I paid an officer or a 2% shareholder. I own 100% of the company. Which one of these am I? Thanks much

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
NancyG

As a single owner S-corp that pays myself wages on a w-2, do I select "Yes"to paying shareholders etc?

You are an owner, officer and a shareholder.  You own 100% shareholder and you are a 2% shareholder. If the S-Corporation paid you wages and issued you a W-2, it paid an officer and a 2% shareholder.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
NancyG

You are an owner, officer and a shareholder.  You own 100% shareholder and you are a 2% shareholder. If the S-Corporation paid you wages and issued you a W-2, it paid an officer and a 2% shareholder.

Thank you Nancy!

The previous answer makes no sense. If you are talking about the question in TurboTax, if you read carefully, it says: Wages for Shareholders who are NOT Officers, then Wages for Officers.  So you should put your wages in the second box. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies