turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Business & farm
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Having a business is both exciting and rewarding! But it can be confusing if you don’t know what it means for your tax returns. Whether you’re starting off and plan to conquer the world with your new business, have a side gig for a little extra cash,... read more
Employee Tax Expert KarenL ‎Posted February 15, 2024
I have a business in my name and my husband has a separate business in his. We both file Schedule C with our 1040. He claims health insurance on his. Do we have to file a Form 7206 for each of our businesses or do we not have to file one at all? TT d... read more
mootzie ‎Posted 8 hours ago | Latest post 5 hours ago by DawnC
Hello, Unfortunately I have a K1 with many states. The input regarding the K1 for Colorado is an outlier... The TurboTax interface asks about "Schedule K1 Increases" and "Decreases".How is this info gleaned from the CO Schedule K-1 Equivalent form? T... read more
mikejstein ‎Posted April 11, 2020 | Latest post 7 hours ago by DawnC
I am a resident of California, but I have an LLC in Colorado. In past years, I have had no problem, but this year, TurboTax kept considering the LLC to be in California and added a Schedule C under California instead of Colorado. I have told TT that ... read more
dolphinzy ‎Posted Monday | Latest post 7 hours ago by dolphinzy
Filling out the foreign accounts section in TurboTax, I ticked that I am a beneficiary of more than 50% of a foreign trust (I had a foreign pension whilst I lived abroad, which seems to be categorised as a foreign employee's trust). I did not tick th... read more
a-concerned-user ‎Posted Thursday | Latest post 8 hours ago by DawnC
In calculating Schedule 1 Line 1 on form 1040, TurboTax is not calculating this correctly. If you go to page 86 of IRS 1040 instructions you will get a schedule 1 line 1 worksheet. The calculations from that worksheet do not match up with TurboTax Sc... read more
NJIT266565 ‎Posted Thursday | Latest post 9 hours ago by NJIT266565
TurboTax Home & Business (Windows) is incorrectly reporting the share of income from a partner's K-1. But there is a workaround. The Bug: Schedule E misstates non-passive income reported on a partners' K-1. On line 28, column (k), it should be report... read more
beanorama1 ‎Posted March 22, 2021 | Latest post 9 hours ago by beanorama
Amended my tax forms because received a K1 form 1041.After adding the K1 to income on the federal 1040x, the headline showed I owed 397. After printing and reviewing the forms, their is a 1040 SR, that has a signature block and /or but it has an owin... read more
Popgam ‎Posted 9 hours ago
Where do I enter the 1065 k-1 issued to a single member S corp on the 1120s return? The 1065 k-1 only has data on line 1 for Net loss for the year. Since the s corp is single member pass through to my personal return do I enter on the 1120s or direct... read more
jd2004 ‎Posted 14 hours ago | Latest post 9 hours ago by jd2004
Doesn't look like any of the info is imported with the form, and the way the questions are asked, doesn't align with the form
donll8 ‎Posted Thursday | Latest post 10 hours ago by PatriciaV
In the section mentioned above, in the details in "more information" it has a line "Other taxable income" which I thought I needed to enter a small amount not reported on an NEC. Then when I opened that section to update, none of those listed items a... read more
kare2k13 ‎Posted 11 hours ago | Latest post 10 hours ago by CatinaT1
Am I going crazy? The responses in the top thread about 'What does 'materially participate' mean?' are pretending like they provide a clear answer.Look at this winner of a line in there:"Your participation was substantially all the participation in t... read more
PlzStopLobbying2MakeTaxesHard ‎Posted Monday | Latest post 12 hours ago by PlzStopLobbying2MakeTaxesHard
Using desktop version;The non-passive income from my K1 properly flows to schedule E line 28, but K1 line 20 ZZ entry of a non passive loss does not. There is an asterisk that tells me this must be made by a manual entry. However, when I open the Sch... read more
LouDog1 ‎Posted Friday | Latest post 13 hours ago by PatriciaV
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies