Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Business & farm
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Having a business is both exciting and rewarding! But it can be confusing if you don’t know what it means for your tax returns. Whether you’re starting off and plan to conquer the world with your new business, have a side gig for a little extra cash,... read more
Employee Tax Expert KarenL ‎Posted February 15, 2024
Hi all, I filed final return for C-Corp which was 2023 tax year. I didn't know if form 966 should be filed after 30 days of resolution. I am an only owner and I make all decision, so I don't have any written document. I just didn't have any income in... read more
TK2005 ‎Posted yesterday
sssperling ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post yesterday by JotikaT2
Closed this LLC with S-Corp election ending 2023. In final review, TT will not let me skip Part II Disposition of S Corporation Shares section. I had no shares in the LLC, was only managing member. Form 7203 was completed. Basis beginning of Year $93... read more
jmzchz5560 ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post yesterday by Rick19744
I am a resident of California, but I have an LLC in Colorado. In past years, I have had no problem, but this year, TurboTax kept considering the LLC to be in California and added a Schedule C under California instead of Colorado. I have told TT that ... read more
dolphinzy ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post yesterday by DawnC
jalvarez003 ‎Posted June 4, 2019 | Latest post yesterday by CatinaT1
I cannot e-file my federal return due to the above error. My total wages paid to my employees is highlighted, and I get the above error referring to form 8881 (which I dont use anyway). What is going on?
dadolphs ‎Posted February 21, 2024 | Latest post yesterday by PatriciaV
I have a solo 401k and am trying to claim the $500 auto-enrollment credit in Part II (NOT the startup costs credit in Part I). Where do you claim this in Turbotax Home & Business? The only option I see is to claim the credit for startup costs (Part I... read more
T2019T ‎Posted March 17, 2024 | Latest post yesterday by PatriciaV
I have a business in my name and my husband has a separate business in his. We both file Schedule C with our 1040. He claims health insurance on his. Do we have to file a Form 7206 for each of our businesses or do we not have to file one at all? TT d... read more
mootzie ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post yesterday by Vanessa A
I received a Schedule K-1 as an estate beneficiary. On Box 14, Code I refers to STMT, an additional statement. On the attached statement, there are two sections. One section is "Misc Non-Service QBI". The other section is "Non-Service QBI" detail. Un... read more
jastilley ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post yesterday by PatriciaV
Hello,I had a SMLLC from end of 2018 to end of 2020. I did not file a separate return for the LLC - I put it in with my personal taxes as a business. I purchased a small enclosed trailer for use for the business in 2019 and deducted it as a de minimi... read more
lydiagp7090 ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post yesterday by PatriciaV
It will not let me get past Sch A Part 2 without entering a code, but nothing on the form applies to me.
mmmsalvino ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post yesterday by JulieS
I'm using the Worksheet 1- Figuring Your NOL in Pub 536 to calculate my NOL. When filling the number for Line 2/Line 3 "Nonbusiness capital losses/gains", and Line 11/12 "Business Capital Gains/Losses"- If I have 1040, Schedule 1, A, B, C, D, E, etc,... read more
joycesyi ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by M-MTax
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies