turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Passive PTP Loss Carry Over on Schedule E Part 2 line i ... upon full disposition of PTP shares

I completely sold a number of PTP's in 2018.  The K-1 Section A data shows Loss Carryovers for a number of the PTP's but these loss amounts were not carried over to Schedule E, Part 2 line i.  Do I need to manually transfer these amounts?  Should I include the full amount from Line 9, column d?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Passive PTP Loss Carry Over on Schedule E Part 2 line i ... upon full disposition of PTP shares

If you sold the PTP's in 2018, did you mark them as final K-1?  This would have triggered any pent up passive losses you may have had.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

If you sold the PTP's in 2018, did you mark them as final K-1?  This would have triggered any pent up passive losses you may have had.

It looks like I missed some of them.  It's very clear what is needed when you look at the forms view, the interview is far less obvious to me.  At this point, I'll need to amend my return for 2018 which should also clean them out of my 2019 return, which I now have to re-do as well.  Appreciate the quick response.

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Yes, you should amend the 2018 return so that you're sure there were not any unaccounted for losses that were not picked up. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies