turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tfmorris

Are there special forms/requirements for Sole Proprietor business closed at the end of 2017?

I was the only person in the business, I did heating and air conditioning repair and service. I closed the business on Dec 31, 2017.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Leonard
Intuit Alumni

Are there special forms/requirements for Sole Proprietor business closed at the end of 2017?

No, if you were doing business as a Sole proprietor and closed your business at the end of the year you do not have to complete any special forms/requirements for the IRS.

However, you may be required to notify your state or local government offices if you have a business license or sales tax permit.

[Edited 03/10/2020 | 8:47 am PDT]

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Leonard
Intuit Alumni

No, if you were doing business as a Sole proprietor and closed your business at the end of the year you do not have to complete any special forms/requirements for the IRS.

However, you may be required to notify your state or local government offices if you have a business license or sales tax permit.

[Edited 03/10/2020 | 8:47 am PDT]

tfmorris

Thanks for the prompt, clear response. I have spent hours searching IRS documents and never found anything that addressed my question!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies