turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Need to file Form 1041 & Schedule K-1's as Simple Trust Trustee. I have upgraded to 2019 Home & Business. how do I access this form and the associated entries?

I need to file Form 1041 & Schedule K-1's as the Trustee of a Simple Trust. I have upgraded to the 2019 Home & Business version (from Deluxe). How to I start the 1041 process?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

Need to file Form 1041 & Schedule K-1's as Simple Trust Trustee. I have upgraded to 2019 Home & Business. how do I access this form and the associated entries?

You cannot prepare and file a Form 1041 (and related K-1s) in TurboTax Home & Business.  It is a personal tax return program that includes Schedule C for Self-Employment.  You need TurboTax Business.  For more information, and to purchase a download or a disk, go to: TurboTax Business

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

You cannot prepare and file a Form 1041 (and related K-1s) in TurboTax Home & Business.  It is a personal tax return program that includes Schedule C for Self-Employment.  You need TurboTax Business.  For more information, and to purchase a download or a disk, go to: TurboTax Business

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mponchur
Returning Member

mponchur
Returning Member

mponchur
Returning Member

Need to file a tax return for a Family Trust. I have upgraded to 2019 Home & Business. how do I access this form and the associated entries?

@mponchur   Sorry you can't use Home & Business.

You need Turbo Tax Business.

The small business program (TT Business) is for 1120 Corporation, 1120S Corp, 1065 Partnership or 1041 Estate/Trust returns and will not do your personal 1040 return.   It  is a separate program from the Desktop Home & Business program or the Online Self Employed version.

Turbo Tax Business  is not available to do online or on a Mac.  You can buy the Window's version here.  And you can have both TT Business and TT Home & Business (or any personal version) installed on  your computer at the same time.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes

Buy the prior year Business downloads here   

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies