turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My w2c does not show box box 12 or 13 entries

My w2c does not show box box 12 or 13 entries.  The original W2 had entries in these fields 12a DD amount and box 13 an X for RET.  I have not filed.  Should I enter these amounts?

Also, there is no control number on the W2c.  Should I use the control number from the original W2?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Yes, only the boxes that changed are on a W-2C.  Any box with a dollar amount that changed would have a new amount or zero - not blank.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Can you please reconfirm that?  Some of the similar questions answered in TT on this question indicated that the employer only changed what needed to be corrected. Were those responses incorrect?

I was thinking of a 1099, that is correct, I corrected the answer.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Thank you. Please confirm that based your corrected answer, I should enter the Box 12 and Box 13 entries from the original W2c.

Also, what about the control number?  Do I use the control number from the original W2 or leave it blank in TT?

Yes.  Everything that did not change on the W-2C.   (The control number is not required and is an employer option).
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies