Anonymous
Not applicable

My return does not include a Schedule 1 although there is an entry on Form 1040 Line 6 that is the result form Schedule 1?

I manually created Schedule 1 and arrived at the same result that is reported on the Form 1040 Line 6.  So why did Turbo Tax not include Schedule 1 in my return?

SweetieJean:
Shouldn't Schedule 1 be included in my Return with all of the other forms and schedules?  I want to see the individual entries that Turbo Tax entered on Schedule 1 and, therefore, how the entry on line 6, form 1040, was calculated.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Line 6 = Total income.  Add lines 1 through 5. Add any amount from Schedule 1, line 22, but only if applicable. 

What exactly do you expect to see on Schedule 1?

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040s1.pdf

Anonymous
Not applicable

First, shouldn't the Schedule 1 be included with my return?  It was not.  Secondly, I want to see what entries Turbo Tax made on Schedule 1 to arrive at the result which was entered on Line 6 Form 1040.

Schedule will only be there is it is needed.   Line 1 is the total of lines 1-5 plus any schedule 1 line 22 amount which would be to the left of line 6 on the dotted line and added to the total of lines 1-5.   If line 6 is not more than  the total of lines 1-5 then there is not schedule 1.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4511015-what-are-the-new-schedules">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questi...>

Is there an amount listed on Form 1040, line 6 in the shaded box directly after this wording:
"Add any amount from Schedule 1, line 22"
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040.pdf">https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040.pdf</a>
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is an amount in this area;  it happens to be a negative figure.  Another person responded "If line 6 is not more than  the total of lines 1-5 then there is not schedule 1."  Since the number was negative, then line 6 IS less than the sum of lines 1 through 5.  But, shouldn't the Schedule 1 be included to show how the value was calculated.

There cannot be an amount to the left of the 1040 line 6 *without* a Schedule 1.

Print all Schedules and worksheets, not just the 1040.

You indicated that you are using the online version of Premier.    How did you "manually create" a Schedule 1?

What did you enter that should create a Schedule 1.

If you are actually using the desktop version and you are trying to enter data in the forms mode - don't.   Unless you know *exactally* what you are doing in the forms mode, linked forms and worksheets will not be created.   Most form entries come from other worksheets.    Only the interview mode will properly create and link forms and worksheets.
Anonymous
Not applicable

in forms mode look at schedule 1.  it should be there 

let us know what lines have amounts,

lines 1-9b 15a 16a 20a 34 ans 35 should be blank.  

note that with overrides you will not be able to efile.