turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Class action settlements

I received two notices last year of small class action settlements to which I was a a party. I received two checks from the settlement administrators and need to report the income. I have received no 1099-MISC statements and have no idea what the payer's EIN is. 

But where to report the income? I've looked at the help materials here and they suggest saying Yes, I have received an 1099-MISC. Turbotax then creates a form which requires me to enter an EIN, which I don't have. Help!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ToddL

Class action settlements

If you did not receive a Form 1099-MISC, enter these payments as Other Reportable income (see the attached screenshot). 

(If you started a Form 1099-MISC, use Delete a Form tool to remove it. See: How do I delete forms in TurboTax Online?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ToddL

Class action settlements

If you did not receive a Form 1099-MISC, enter these payments as Other Reportable income (see the attached screenshot). 

(If you started a Form 1099-MISC, use Delete a Form tool to remove it. See: How do I delete forms in TurboTax Online?

Class action settlements

Thanks!
ToddL

Class action settlements

My pleasure!

Class action settlements

Is there a certain amount you have to report or does any money from a settlement need to be reported no matter how small it is?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies