turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My K-1, Part 3 has $0 entered in box 1 and a negative in box 2. Do I need to fill out 2 K-1 forms?

I tried following the directions and filled in 2 separate K-1 forms, but it was repeating all of the other information for just entering a $0 amount. And that lowered my refund significantly.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ToddL

My K-1, Part 3 has $0 entered in box 1 and a negative in box 2. Do I need to fill out 2 K-1 forms?

Leave Box 1 "blank", i.e. don't enter a "0". You should not have to prepare an additional K-1 to report Box 1 income, if there wasn't any.

If you can't clear the "0" entry in Box 1, you may have to use  the "Delete a Form" tool to remove the Schedule K-1 (and any associated worksheets).

See: How do I delete forms in TurboTax Online?

After deleting the Schedule K-1, log out of the program. When you log back in, use the Delete a Form tool to confirm the Schedule K-1 has been removed from the list of forms in your return. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ToddL

Leave Box 1 "blank", i.e. don't enter a "0". You should not have to prepare an additional K-1 to report Box 1 income, if there wasn't any.

If you can't clear the "0" entry in Box 1, you may have to use  the "Delete a Form" tool to remove the Schedule K-1 (and any associated worksheets).

See: How do I delete forms in TurboTax Online?

After deleting the Schedule K-1, log out of the program. When you log back in, use the Delete a Form tool to confirm the Schedule K-1 has been removed from the list of forms in your return. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies