Solved: My husband and I have an LLC and are self-employed until the business can employ us. I know we need a 1065. Which Turbotax program should I use?

My husband and I have an LLC and are self-employed until the business can employ us. I know we need a 1065. Which Turbotax program should I use?

If your husband-wife LLC is in a community property state (Arizona, California, Idaho, Louisiana, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, Washington, Wisconsin), it is a disregarded entity for tax purposes and you can report its income and expenses on Schedule C of your personal tax return.

If you live in another state, then you need to file form 1065 for the LLC. To file form 1065, you need to use TurboTax Business which is not available online, but only as a CD/Download on a Windows computer (not compatible with Mac).

If you need it, you can purchase TurboTax Business here:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/

Thank you!