al5667

My husband & I have LLC -S corp.We are coowners & officers.I entered our salary info in shareholder(>2% owner). Do we enter our salary in officers' compensation again?

My husband & I have LLC -S corp.We are co-owners & officers. We use turbotax business product. I entered our salary info in shareholder(>2% owner). Next is officers' compensation summary section. Do we have to enter our salary in officers' compensation again? or it's overlap? 

MichaelMc

No, please do not enter your salaries in both sections; they will be counted twice.

As you can imaging, an S Corp may have officer-employees who are not >2% owners, and may have compensated >2% owners who are not officers, so both scenarios must be made available. In your case, you have made the best choice, entering your compensation and your husband's in the >2% owner section, as that both accounts for the salary and provides the better disclosure of your roles in the S Corp.

MichaelMc

al5667

Thank you!