turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My 2018 has the form 6251 in it. Turbo Tax is asking to provide information from line 11. There is not a line 11 for that form anywhere. What do I input?

My 2018 has the form 6251 in it. Turbo Tax is asking to provide information from line 11. There is not a line 11 for that form anywhere. What do I input? I have tried to put 0. It then wants info from other lines that are not there. such as line 3, 2e,2g.2h
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

My 2018 has the form 6251 in it. Turbo Tax is asking to provide information from line 11. There is not a line 11 for that form anywhere. What do I input?

Line 11 of form 6251 would be your alternative minimum tax (AMT). It would be the same as the entry on Schedule 2 of form 1040, line 45. 

Here is a link to form 6251, so you can see there should be a line 11 on your copy:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f6251.pdf

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hey I downloaded my 2018 tax return there's no entry on line 45 in Schedule 2 form 1040, and it doesn't show line 11 on form 6251.  I can only see until line 7 for form 6251..

KarenJ2
Expert Alumni

If you have a zero on lines 6 and 7 of your 2018 Form 6251, then your line 11 would be zero and line 45 on Schedule 2 would be zero.

If this is the case you did not pay AMT tax.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies