anotary

Must Schedule K-1s be issued when an estate distributes no income, deductions, or credits to any beneficiaries?

I am trying to close out my mother's estate this year, and it earned very little in interest, with a tax liability less than $10, which the estate will pay.  Must I still issue K-1's to myself and the other two beneficiaries?

Also, if Line 22 on Form 1041 ends up being negative (-266 in this case), is the tax owed simply zero, and the final estate tax forms can be filed and the estate then closed once assets are distributed?

No you do not.