tomreilly1634

Last year I didn't do any work as a free lance musician. Do I have to file a schedule C for my 2017 taxes?

This has happened in the past and I didn't file a schedule C.  This year when I transferred my last years return to Turbo Tax the forms came up and when I run a check on my return, an error message comes up on these forms.

IsabellaG

No, you don't have to file a Schedule C if you had no business activity in 2017, and you weren't in business at all as a free lance musician.

You can delete the Schedule C that is in your return.

To delete a form in TurboTax, 

• Log in, and choose Tax Tools, then Tools on the left side of your screen.
  • In the Tools Center, choose Delete A Form 
  • In Review Form List, find the Schedule C and choose Delete, if it's there. Review the list of forms, and delete any forms that pertain to your Schedule C.
  • On the screen Delete Selected Form, select Delete. After the screen Form Successfully Deleted, go back to the forms list, and verify that the form has been deleted. Check your tax return to verify that the result is correct.

IsabellaG

To delete a form in TurboTax,