bjennings2020

It’s telling me to delete my state tax for because I do not need to file. How do I delete it?

How do I delete my state tax form because it’s telling me I don’t have to file?
AlanT222

You can delete your state return in TurboTax Online as long as you haven't paid or registered yet.

1. Sign in and open your return if you don't already have it open.
  2. From the left menu, select State (if you don't see this menu, select the menu icon in the upper-left) and then select Continue on the Let's get your state taxes done right screen.
  3. On the Status of your state returns screen select Delete to the right of your state, then answer Yes.

If you don't see the option to delete your state (you'll probably see Edit instead), you've already paid your TurboTax fees (including the state fee) or registered your free version while the state was on your return. If you've done either of these things, you can't delete your state return.

tcd828

I have already paid the turbo tax fee so cannot delete it. How can I get my fee back and delete that state since I don't need to file?

BarbaraW22

Unfortunately, you will not be able to delete your state return if you have already paid your TurboTax fees.

You can contact customer support to request a refund by clicking here