turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hmraphael

Is Turbo Tax this company: "TPG PRODUCTS SBTPG LLC?"

I received a deposit from the above all caps comany for close to the amount I was expecting as a federal tax refund (off by $18+).  I'm just trying to figure out if this was actually meant to be my tax refund so I know if need to consult TurboTax about my $18+ dollars or figure out who this came from and when I'm going to have to give it back... 😉
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

TPG gets your refund when you request that Turbotax fees be deducted from the refund. they deduct the fees and then if you're set up for direct deposit electronically transfer the remainder of the refund.  $18 seems sort of small so it may be that the IRS changed your return. it may take up to 8 weeks for you to receive an explanation from them.

don't bother contacting Turbotax, once your return is accepted they get no further info.  search the internet for TPG contact info.

First look at the IRS site ... did they send all of the refund expected ?  

If so then look at the PDF of the return with all the worksheets to review all the expenses + the cost of the TT program and the refund bank processing fees + state sales taxes. 

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2021 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  

Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

$18 might be state sales tax on the TT fees for TT Live (from which you are asking).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies