Is federal schedule A missing a known problem for efiled Delaware returns?

I efiled my federal and Delaware state return. I received a letter from Delaware Division of Revenue stating that federal schedule A is missing. What would cause this?

according to Delaware instructions Federal Schedule A is required only if you itemized for Federal purposes (on your 1040) in which case I would think since you efiled  Delaware the form would been included.   .if you did itemize send a copy of Federal Schedule A and the notice.  Use a delivery method where you can get proof of delivery.   

on the other hand if you did not itemize for federal purposes there is no schedule A.   if this is the case and there is a phone number on the notice, I would call and tell them that you didn't itemize. 

With the tax law changes, a SCH A may not have been required for your federal return. As you know, the SCH A is for itemized deductions. Until your itemized deductions exceed your standard deduction, those itemized deductions have absolutely no impact what-so-ever on your federal tax liability. For 2018 the standard deduction is:
Single & Married Filing Separate - $12,000
Married Filing Joint - $24,000
Head of Household - $18,000
So if your itemized deductions on your federal taxes did not exceed your standard deduction, no SCH A is not generated as it's flat out not required.

I too received this letter. I did not itemize deductions on my federal taxes, so I am not certain why I received the letter.