Solved: In 2016 we started business but didn't work it but only half of 2017. Should I still file self employed?

In 2016 we started business but didn't work it but only half of 2017. Should I still file self employed?

You will need to file a Schedule C (self-employed) if you have business income or expenses to report.  If you were conducting a business activity for half of the year, then you will likely have some business income and expenses and need to file as self-employed.  Of course, if you didn't have any business income or expenses for the year, then you would not need to file as self-employed.