Solved: In 2016 we started business but didn't work it but only half of 2017. Should I still file self employed?
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

In 2016 we started business but didn't work it but only half of 2017. Should I still file self employed?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 7

In 2016 we started business but didn't work it but only half of 2017. Should I still file self employed?

You will need to file a Schedule C (self-employed) if you have business income or expenses to report.  If you were conducting a business activity for half of the year, then you will likely have some business income and expenses and need to file as self-employed.  Of course, if you didn't have any business income or expenses for the year, then you would not need to file as self-employed.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 7

You will need to file a Schedule C (self-employed) if you have business income or expenses to report.  If you were conducting a business activity for half of the year, then you will likely have some business income and expenses and need to file as self-employed.  Of course, if you didn't have any business income or expenses for the year, then you would not need to file as self-employed.

View solution in original post

v
Privacy Settings