turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Class action settlements

I received two notices last year of small class action settlements to which I was a a party. I received two checks from the settlement administrators and need to report the income. I have received no 1099-MISC statements and have no idea what the payer's EIN is. 

But where to report the income? I've looked at the help materials here and they suggest saying Yes, I have received an 1099-MISC. Turbotax then creates a form which requires me to enter an EIN, which I don't have. Help!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ToddL

Class action settlements

If you did not receive a Form 1099-MISC, enter these payments as Other Reportable income (see the attached screenshot). 

(If you started a Form 1099-MISC, use Delete a Form tool to remove it. See: How do I delete forms in TurboTax Online?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ToddL

Class action settlements

If you did not receive a Form 1099-MISC, enter these payments as Other Reportable income (see the attached screenshot). 

(If you started a Form 1099-MISC, use Delete a Form tool to remove it. See: How do I delete forms in TurboTax Online?

Class action settlements

Thanks!
ToddL

Class action settlements

My pleasure!

Class action settlements

Is there a certain amount you have to report or does any money from a settlement need to be reported no matter how small it is?

Manage cookies