• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kathryn-mould

If I used Turbo Tax self employed, I need to file a separate tax return for my business?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MinhT
Expert Alumni

If I used Turbo Tax self employed, I need to file a separate tax return for my business?

It depends on the form of your business.

If you operate as a self-employed individual (sole proprietorship) or a single-member LLC, you report your business income and expenses on your personal tax return using TurboTax self-Employed.

If your business is registered as a multi-member LLC or S-corporation, you'll need to file a business tax return using TurboTax Business CD/Download.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MinhT
Expert Alumni

It depends on the form of your business.

If you operate as a self-employed individual (sole proprietorship) or a single-member LLC, you report your business income and expenses on your personal tax return using TurboTax self-Employed.

If your business is registered as a multi-member LLC or S-corporation, you'll need to file a business tax return using TurboTax Business CD/Download.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/

View solution in original post

kathryn-mould

So as long as I am the only employee, I won't need to file anything separate from my own?
MinhT
Expert Alumni

If you are a sole proprietor, you report all your business income and expenses on Schedule C of your personal tax return. No other tax return is needed.
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v