Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!

If I own an LLC where my husband is an equal member, and we have no other members or employees, should I use turbotax Self-Employed, or Business?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

A multi-member LLC (including two-member LLCs run by spouses) will need to use TurboTax Business to prepare and file Form 1065 (U.S. Return of Partnership Income) for the business return and a personal software for the personal 1040 return. And the personal product you choose will have to be either Premier or Self-Employed if you are entering K-1s on your personal return.

The TurboTax Business version handles any returns that need to be filed for corporation (Form 1120), S corporation (Form 1120-S), partnership/multi-member LLC (Form 1065), or homeowner association (1120-H).

NOTE: TurboTax Business is a Windows-only software program available as a CD or download. There is no online version for it.