turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Leashy312

If I delete and regenerate schedule E, will data be pulled in from my K-1 automatically?

I created a schedule E before I finished entering my K-1 (partnership, LLC). Now I do not know where to input my passive activity loss from this year, as I am unable to put a negative number for rental income (I have a net loss of rental income). My taxes were done offline last year, and my passive activity loss was listed under 'rental real estate income (loss),' however I do not know where or how to put this into my schedule E on Turbotax. If I delete my schedule E and recreate it, will the information from my K-1 auto-populate my "rental real estate income or loss"? Alternatively, how do I input the rental real estate loss in the schedule E on Turbotax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Leashy312

If I delete and regenerate schedule E, will data be pulled in from my K-1 automatically?

Delete the schedule E you created. Do not manually enter a schedule E: if you input a K1, a 'hidden schedule E' will be created and included in your tax return. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies