turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

windwrd01
Returning Member

I turned a sole-proprietor into an LLC in Arizona a communal property state. Do I need to separate business expenses into separate Schedule C or can I just file one?

We each own 50% in the LLC but I'm the Manager. She does not work in the LLC in any way. The business had no profit for the year and will incur a large loss. What are the implications if I just file one Schedule C? My spouse is a fulltime student and does not work.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I turned a sole-proprietor into an LLC in Arizona a communal property state. Do I need to separate business expenses into separate Schedule C or can I just file one?

Since you are a multi-member LLC in Arizona (and both members are spouses), you will have to file two Schedule Cs, one for each of you.  You will split the income and deductions 50/50 on each Schedule C.

windwrd01
Returning Member

How do I split the expenses 50/50 when they are from multiple sources?

All the business expense for the LLC would be split 50/50 regardless of the source of the expense.
windwrd01
Returning Member

I understand that so do I take each line item and divide by two? Do I do the same for COGS?

Yes.  That's exactly correct.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies