Solved: I turned a sole-proprietor into an LLC in Arizona a communal property state. Do I need to separate business expenses into separate Schedule C or can I just file one?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I turned a sole-proprietor into an LLC in Arizona a communal property state. Do I need to separate business expenses into separate Schedule C or can I just file one?

We each own 50% in the LLC but I'm the Manager. She does not work in the LLC in any way. The business had no profit for the year and will incur a large loss. What are the implications if I just file one Schedule C? My spouse is a fulltime student and does not work.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 5

I turned a sole-proprietor into an LLC in Arizona a communal property state. Do I need to separate business expenses into separate Schedule C or can I just file one?

Since you are a multi-member LLC in Arizona (and both members are spouses), you will have to file two Schedule Cs, one for each of you.  You will split the income and deductions 50/50 on each Schedule C.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Level 5

Since you are a multi-member LLC in Arizona (and both members are spouses), you will have to file two Schedule Cs, one for each of you.  You will split the income and deductions 50/50 on each Schedule C.

View solution in original post

How do I split the expenses 50/50 when they are from multiple sources?
Level 5

All the business expense for the LLC would be split 50/50 regardless of the source of the expense.

I understand that so do I take each line item and divide by two? Do I do the same for COGS?
Level 5

Yes.  That's exactly correct.
Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings