I started a business in 2016 but I only got the EIN. I didn't actually do any transactions (didn't make any money). Do I still have to file for the business?

Do I have to include self-employment? What paperwork do I need?

If you earned no self employment income or incurred no business expenses in 2016, you have no reason to file a Schedule C, Business income and Expenses with your personal return.

See Schedule C

I have the same exact situation, in state of California, but I was told I have to file form 1065 before March 15th?

See Schedule C