turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I recently started a business with an LLC in July 2020. Am I required to file Quarterly taxes for the Sept 15, 2020 deadline?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I recently started a business with an LLC in July 2020. Am I required to file Quarterly taxes for the Sept 15, 2020 deadline?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901110-do-i-need-to-make-estimated-tax-payments-to-the-irs

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

2 Replies

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901110-do-i-need-to-make-estimated-tax-payments-to-the-irs

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Carl
Level 15

I justwant to provide some clarity here since you're a new business owner.

You don't "file" a quarterly tax return. You "pay" quarterly taxes.

To pay the IRS online I find it simplest to do so at www.irs.gov/payments. Just remember to print your receipt and file it with your business records so you will have it at tax filing time next year.

If your state taxes personal income, you will need to pay your state separately. How you pay your state, depends on the state. Not all states offer the ability to pay quarterly taxes online. So if your state does tax personal income you'll need to contact your state taxing authority for how to pay, or you can check their website.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies