turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mandjcrew

I put in my S Corp partnership percentage from my K-1, but it indicated that it was not required. Will it figure out my profit percentage for personal taxes?

It seems, as I've gone along, to not be computing everything to my 65%.  I'm concerned that because it indicated that to input my percentage was optional and wouldn't affect anything, it's not figuring correctly.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I put in my S Corp partnership percentage from my K-1, but it indicated that it was not required. Will it figure out my profit percentage for personal taxes?

in your situation, the entity files either an 1120-S (s-corp) or 1065 (partnership) depnding on what type of tax entity was selected. you can not do that rerun with the SE version. that's only for your 1040. to do the business return you need Turbotax Business which will install only on a windows pc

https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/ 

once done there should be  k-1 for you representing your 65% share. that's what gets entered into your se return 

mandjcrew

I do have a K1 as an S Corp and it reflects my partnership percentage.  We sold and disposed of the business last year.   However, Turbo Tax business asks me to put in the sale price, which is the whole amount.  Then asks questions based off my K1.  Will it use that info correctly to not count the entire sale price as my own?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies