• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
donarwallace

I own my own business - S Corp. I get a W2 and Schedule K. Have some expenses I need to file on personal taxes. Can I do that on turbo tax self employed?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Critter-3
Level 15

I own my own business - S Corp. I get a W2 and Schedule K. Have some expenses I need to file on personal taxes. Can I do that on turbo tax self employed?

Yes but all you need is Premier if you use the Online version  or  any of the Downloaded Versions. 

Not sure what "personal expenses " you are talking about then any of the paid programs can handle the Sch A.

But if you think you can take employee business expenses on a personal return then those are not allowed from 2018 thru 2025. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Critter-3
Level 15

Yes but all you need is Premier if you use the Online version  or  any of the Downloaded Versions. 

Not sure what "personal expenses " you are talking about then any of the paid programs can handle the Sch A.

But if you think you can take employee business expenses on a personal return then those are not allowed from 2018 thru 2025. 

View solution in original post

donarwallace

Thank you.  This answered my question.  Last tax year I had 1099 MISC.  This year I only had W2 and Schedule K.

Am I right that next tax year I can file using Turbo Tax Premier and I no longer need to use TT Self Employed?

Critter-3
Level 15

Again if you use the ONLINE program you need at least  the Premier to handle the K-1 form  OR  you can use ANY of the downloaded versions.  

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v