Solved: I need to claim income from a Trust as listed on a Schedule K-1. The Trust originated in Arkansas, and I live in Oregon. Do I need to file in Arkansas, too?

emilysumiko

I need to claim income from a Trust as listed on a Schedule K-1. The Trust originated in Arkansas, and I live in Oregon. Do I need to file in Arkansas, too?

NancyG

Many states begin their tax computation with federal taxable income. From there you may have to make adjustments to get to state taxable income.  An example is federal Section 179 and bonus depreciation.  

Did you receive a separate state K-1 or K-1 equivalent.  This state K-1 will reflect any state level "subtractions" and/or "additions" necessary at the state level.

Enter the state specific information on the state input.

If the state is not your "resident" state please see the following:

NancyG