turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need 1120s short form no profit but your website says to get it in the business section but I thought thats what I already bought and was filling out, help?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
HelenaC

I need 1120s short form no profit but your website says to get it in the business section but I thought thats what I already bought and was filling out, help?

TurboTax Online Self Employed and CD\Download Home & Business versions are used to complete your personal income taxes.

TurboTax Business is used to complete your business entity on Form 1120S (U.S. Income Tax Return for an S Corporation). TurboTax Business is a Windows-only software program available as a CD or download.

1. When you complete your Form 1120S, you will generate Form 1120-S (Schedule K-1)--Shareholder's Share of Income, Deductions, Credits, etc.
  2. The Form 1120-S Sch K-1 is issued to your shareholders.
  3. The shareholders enter the 1120-S Sch K-1 on their personal income tax return.

To  issue  K-1s to your partners, shareholders, or beneficiaries, you'll need  TurboTax Business .

1. Open your return in TurboTax Business.
  2. Complete your business return, if you haven't already done so (otherwise, your K-1s won't be correct).
  3. Click the File tab, and then click Distribute K-1s.
  4. Select your preferred distribution format (Save as PDF for email or Print for regular mail) and follow the on-screen instructions.
Related Information:

View solution in original post

1 Reply
HelenaC

TurboTax Online Self Employed and CD\Download Home & Business versions are used to complete your personal income taxes.

TurboTax Business is used to complete your business entity on Form 1120S (U.S. Income Tax Return for an S Corporation). TurboTax Business is a Windows-only software program available as a CD or download.

1. When you complete your Form 1120S, you will generate Form 1120-S (Schedule K-1)--Shareholder's Share of Income, Deductions, Credits, etc.
  2. The Form 1120-S Sch K-1 is issued to your shareholders.
  3. The shareholders enter the 1120-S Sch K-1 on their personal income tax return.

To  issue  K-1s to your partners, shareholders, or beneficiaries, you'll need  TurboTax Business .

1. Open your return in TurboTax Business.
  2. Complete your business return, if you haven't already done so (otherwise, your K-1s won't be correct).
  3. Click the File tab, and then click Distribute K-1s.
  4. Select your preferred distribution format (Save as PDF for email or Print for regular mail) and follow the on-screen instructions.
Related Information:
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies