merelydan

I'm being directed to use the self-employed version; I'm not self-employed and have a minor small business with few deductions and $2k of income; what should i be using?

I work a FT job w/a small business on the side

MichaelDC

If you have a small business, you are self-employed. All compensation that is not from a W-2 as an employee is entered on Schedule C Profit or Loss from Business. There are different ways to receive this income. If you made more than $600, you would get a 1099-Misc. Companies that receive payments by credit card, issue a 1099-K. You may not even receive a reporting form, but the income still has to be reported.

TurboTax will help you report it as Business Income on a Schedule C or C-EZ. 

If you have only income from self-employment and no expenses, there is no need to upgrade from Deluxe. If you do have expenses, however, that will trigger an upgrade to the TurboTax Self-Employed edition.

You may be able to deduct business expenses directly from that income.  

MichaelDC

jacquie221

im not self employed but was redirected to self employed version?