turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cdrisom
Returning Member

I loaned my partnership LLC money to pay the monthly interest on loan incurred to buy house to flip in 2018. House sold March 2019. Expense in 2018 or add 2 basis 2019?

LLC had no income in 2018 just expenses.  I also loaned money for yearly renewal, registered agent, amendment to add partner, utilities.   I know that everything else is added to basis, but are these things expensed in 2018 or also added to basis?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

I loaned my partnership LLC money to pay the monthly interest on loan incurred to buy house to flip in 2018. House sold March 2019. Expense in 2018 or add 2 basis 2019?

You can expense these, your business had begun operating in 2018, you just hadn't generated income yet.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anita01

You can expense these, your business had begun operating in 2018, you just hadn't generated income yet.

cdrisom
Returning Member

Just to clarify--I expense the interest paid in 2018 also?  It's $15,000. We'll have a loss for 2018; will it equal out in 2019.  Our profit was minimal--about $2700.00
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies