turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

robertyu
Returning Member

I have a turbo Tax premier. Trying to add schedule E for S corp for federal income

I have a turbo Tax premier. Trying to add schedule E for S corp for federal income. Self-guide doesn't include schedule E for S Corp and when I tried to add Schedule E worksheet manually for S corp, it only have "rental property". Do I need some upgrade or if there is a way around,

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

I have a turbo Tax premier. Trying to add schedule E for S corp for federal income

Did you get K-1 from the S corp? You need the K-1 or a W2.

To enter a K-1 go to

Federal Taxes Tab or Personal (Home & Business version)

Wages and Income

Then scroll way down to Business items

Schedules K-1, Q - Click the Start or Update button

Be sure to pick the right kind of K-1. There are 3 kinds, 1041, 1065 & 1120S

Enter each k-1 separately.

Or do you need to prepare the S Corp Business return?

robertyu
Returning Member

hello, I am not a tax expert. I just need schedule E for S corp to report the ordinary business income from the  S corp. Do your steps outlined for K-1 satisfy the needs?  Many thanks. 

Did you have an accountant file the S corp return?  Did you receive the K-1?  You don't make one up.  You only enter the K-1 you receive from the S corp return.  It is a 1120 S return.  You need to go to an accountant and get it set up and filed right at least the first year.  

@robertyu wrote:

...I just need schedule E for S corp to report the ordinary business income from the  S corp. Do your steps outlined for K-1 satisfy the needs?....

If you enter the information from your Schedule K-1 (1120-S) as outlined by @VolvoGirl in her post, then the income will be propagated to Schedule E by the program.

EDIT: As @VolvoGirl stated in her latest post, you need a K-1 from the S corporation.

robertyu
Returning Member

Yes. I do have a 1120-S return on line item 21. Just try to figure out how to get into schedule E (S Corp) using turbo tax premier. Looks like K-1 is the answer. 

Had account till this year. everything DiY to cut the cost.

robertyu
Returning Member

thank you everyone for the help. I do have the K1 and just was not aware of it. many thanks.

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Perfect.  When you enter the information from the K-1 into TurboTax, the software will use that data to populate your Schedule E that will be filed as part of your personal tax return.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies