turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ad05
Level 1

I have a partnership llc on the business taxes where do I intially put the purchase of a property? No income

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

I have a partnership llc on the business taxes where do I intially put the purchase of a property? No income

Which TurboTax version are you using? Is your LLC a single-member or multi-member LLC?

ad05
Level 1

multi-member and business turbotax

I am still not certain that we need to file a tax return with no income...

Multi-member LLCs are treated the same as partnerships in terms of filing requirements.

You need to file a return (1065) for the LLC unless it had absolutely no income and no expenditures.

ad05
Level 1

Also this is for the 2017 taxes 

Then the return is extremely late if the LLC was required to file for that year. 

You might want to seek professional guidance as there are severe penalties for late filing.

ad05
Level 1

We had no income but there was expenses. Where does the purchase of the property go?

What type of property?

Rental property is reported in the Rental section of the program while business property is reported in the Business Assets section.

ad05
Level 1

It's land ( that we will hopefully build on).  So business assets?

Land is not a depreciable asset so it is somewhat immaterial at this point. Obviously, your balance sheet should reflect the property as an asset, though.

Property taxes and, possibly, investment expenses and maintenance costs can be deducted provided the land is held for investment purposes.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies