turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

auf-myself
Returning Member

I have a multi-member llc and i used turbotax self-employed online product. But I don't see it file the form 1065 at all, please advise.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MinhT
Expert Alumni

I have a multi-member llc and i used turbotax self-employed online product. But I don't see it file the form 1065 at all, please advise.

A multi-member LLC has to file form 1065. TurboTax Self-Employed is for personal tax returns only and cannot file form 1065.

To file form 1065, you need to use TurboTax Business which is only available as a CD/Download on a Windows computer (not compatible with Mac).

You can purchase TurboTax Business at this link:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MinhT
Expert Alumni

A multi-member LLC has to file form 1065. TurboTax Self-Employed is for personal tax returns only and cannot file form 1065.

To file form 1065, you need to use TurboTax Business which is only available as a CD/Download on a Windows computer (not compatible with Mac).

You can purchase TurboTax Business at this link:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/

auf-myself
Returning Member

OK, just to be clear, the taxing status of LLC is Pass-through Partnership so it will not be taxed as a Corp, do I still need to use TurboTax Business?
auf-myself
Returning Member

Also, can I transfer my last year return or already entered information from Online to the downloaded For Business software?
MinhT
Expert Alumni

You still need to use TurboTax Business to file form 1065 for partnerships and LLCs (which are pass-through entities), But TurboTax Business can also prepare tax forms for S-Corps, C-corps, estates and trusts.
No, you cannot transfer last year's return not prepared with TurboTax Business. You cannot transfer any information already entered in the online program (as the tax forms are different).
Manage cookies