Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I had a partnership from 2005 that just closed out. Do I have to add the deducted Intangible drilling cost I took to the cost basis??

Are intangible drilling cost recaptured somehow?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
view2

I had a partnership from 2005 that just closed out. Do I have to add the deducted Intangible drilling cost I took to the cost basis??

The total amount of IDCs, within the meaning of Section 614 ,costs that you deducted and the deductions for depletion are generally 1254 costs subject to recapture as ordinary income to the extent of any gain realized on the disposition of the property.

26 CFR 1.1254-1 - Treatment of gain from disposition of natural resource recapture property

tps://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/26/1.1254-1

You are urged to seek advice based on your particular circumstances from a tax professional  which will help you make the most informed decision.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
view2

The total amount of IDCs, within the meaning of Section 614 ,costs that you deducted and the deductions for depletion are generally 1254 costs subject to recapture as ordinary income to the extent of any gain realized on the disposition of the property.

26 CFR 1.1254-1 - Treatment of gain from disposition of natural resource recapture property

tps://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/26/1.1254-1

You are urged to seek advice based on your particular circumstances from a tax professional  which will help you make the most informed decision.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies