turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I had a LLC business and I filed a schedule C for my LLC business in 2017, I did not include this on my 2018 return because I ended the business. Should I have included?

I have used TurboTax for the past few years to do my taxes.  I started a small business in February 2017 and filed a schedule C with my 2017 tax return.  The business did not make it, so I didn't include it when I filed my 2018 taxes.  Should I have included a Schedule C for 2018?  Also, what steps do I need to take to close a LLC business.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
MichaelMc

I had a LLC business and I filed a schedule C for my LLC business in 2017, I did not include this on my 2018 return because I ended the business. Should I have included?

If the LLC had any income or expenses in 2018, then you should file a Schedule C for it as part of your 2018 Form 1040. If you have already filed without including the Schedule C, you can file an amended return on Form 1040X to correct your original return.

Closing an LLC is governed by state law. You should check with the business bureau of your state's Secretary of State office for specific forms and procedures. At a minimum, you will need to pay any outstanding bills, claims for wages, and debts.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies