turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I had a company in 2018 and I dissolved it in October 2018 because I made $0 benefits. Do i have to file its existence too? could it help me to get a higher return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I had a company in 2018 and I dissolved it in October 2018 because I made $0 benefits. Do i have to file its existence too? could it help me to get a higher return?

Yes, you do, and yes, it might.

You have to file it with the rest of the money you made whether the business made money or not.  

Since you had zero income and expenses, you most likely will have a negative income, which you can subtract from your other income.  That makes your tax owed less, which will make your tax refund larger.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Yes, you do, and yes, it might.

You have to file it with the rest of the money you made whether the business made money or not.  

Since you had zero income and expenses, you most likely will have a negative income, which you can subtract from your other income.  That makes your tax owed less, which will make your tax refund larger.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies