Solved: I freelanced last year and started an llc on 12/29...

I freelanced last year and started an llc on 12/29/20.... for tax purposes, should I have waited to start the llc on 1/1/21?

I'm filling for an EIN and it's asking for the formation date which is 12/29/20, but I won't start doing business under the new LLC until 2021.

A business income tax return (federal, on a Schedule C, for a single-member LLC) is not required to be filed until the business begins operations.

Obviously, you still have to file your individual income tax return (e.g., 1040).