I filed my 2016 form 1065 on 01/2018 can I now file my personal income tax for 2016 or do I need to wait until irs process form 1065?

I wasn't sure if I should file a form 1065 for partnership business between me and my husband for year 2016 I called the IRS and was told that I needed to file that form now since I have filed the 1065 for year 2016 on 01/05/2018 and have the schedule k1 can i file my personal tax return for year 2016? or do I need to wait until IRS process my 2016 form 1065? I am lost someone please help! Thanks in advance.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Yes, you can file your personal income taxes using the Schedule K-1 generated from your Partnership.  There is no need to wait until the 1065 is processed.