turbotax icon
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed my 2016 form 1065 on 01/2018 can I now file my personal income tax for 2016 or do I need to wait until irs process form 1065?

I wasn't sure if I should file a form 1065 for partnership business between me and my husband for year 2016 I called the IRS and was told that I needed to file that form now since I have filed the 1065 for year 2016 on 01/05/2018 and have the schedule k1 can i file my personal tax return for year 2016? or do I need to wait until IRS process my 2016 form 1065? I am lost someone please help! Thanks in advance.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I filed my 2016 form 1065 on 01/2018 can I now file my personal income tax for 2016 or do I need to wait until irs process form 1065?

Yes, you can file your personal income taxes using the Schedule K-1 generated from your Partnership.  There is no need to wait until the 1065 is processed.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Yes, you can file your personal income taxes using the Schedule K-1 generated from your Partnership.  There is no need to wait until the 1065 is processed.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Manage cookies