yomiff75

I don’t have my own busines. How do I get out of this schedule C? It’s not giving me an option to skip this step.

JulieH1

You can select, "I will choose what I work on" to skip subjects you do not need.

If you started it already, it may have a Schedule C already in progress which you can delete.

If you did not have a 1099-MISC with income in box 7, a W-2 with "Statutory Employee" checked in box 13, or an ended business that needs to be disposed of this year, then you can delete the Schedule C from your return. Otherwise, you need Schedule C to report these types of income.

To delete Schedule C in TurboTax Online:

1.  Go to "My Account" in the top right corner

2. Select "Tools"

3.  Under "Tools Center" select "Delete a Form"

4.  Navigate to "Schedule C" and select "Delete" next to it

If that does not work, try this:

1. Go to the search bar in the top right corner

2. Enter "Schedule C"

3.  Select "Jump to Schedule C"

4.  Answer "No" to "Did you have any income and expenses for a business in 2017?

JulieH1

2. Select "Tools"

If that does not work, try this:

2. Enter "Schedule C"

3.  Select "Jump to Schedule C"