Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

stacileej

I did not receive my 2nd stimulus check for $600. The IRS told me to fill out the 1040 - X and it put me back to turbo tax. What box number do I put amount in?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I did not receive my 2nd stimulus check for $600. The IRS told me to fill out the 1040 - X and it put me back to turbo tax. What box number do I put amount in?

Are you completing the 1040X manually ?   

Did you ever file the 2020 return yet ?   If you did what amount is on line 30 of the form 1040? 

stacileej

It looks like I left box 30 blank on my 2020 1040. Turbo Tax should have a drop box on the left side allowing me to amend but there is not one. The best thing I know to do is print a new 2020 and fill it out however it would be much easier to do this online.

How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed.

When amending the return - Enter stimulus in the Search box located in the upper right of the screen.  Click on Jump to stimulus.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies