Maybe. To check on your second stimulus payment, please follow these steps:
1. Check the IRS Get My Payment tool. The tool should tell you where your stimulus payment was deposited or mailed. The IRS has indicated there’s nothing you can do to change where they send your payment.
- If GMP reflects a direct deposit date and partial account information, then your payment is deposited there.
- If GMP reflects a date your payment was mailed, it may take up to 3 – 4 weeks for you to receive the payment. Watch your mail carefully for a check or debit card. (See the FAQ for EIP Card)
- If GMP shows “Payment Status #2 – Not Available,” then you will not receive a second Economic Impact Payment and instead you need to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 Tax Return.
2. If your payment was delivered to a prepaid Turbo® Visa® Debit Card and you no longer have it, we’ll help you get a replacement card at no cost. Just click on this link: Get a replacement card
3. If you paid for TurboTax with your refund last year, we have given the IRS your correct account information and they are working to send your payment within days.
4. If you were entitled to a stimulus payment but did not receive one, and you didn’t pay for TurboTax with your refund last year, you may need to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 taxes to get your money.
For more information, please click on the following links:
If you have not received one or both of your stimulus checks, you will receive your payment in the form of a Recovery Rebate Credit on line 30 of your 2020 Federal tax return when you file.
TurboTax will compare your one or two stimulus payment amounts to the computations within TurboTax. The computations within TurboTax are based upon the information that you have entered into the tax software. If you are due an additional amount, it will be issued as a Recovery Rebate Credit (RRC) on line 30 of the 2020 1040 tax return.
In TurboTax Online, you are prompted to input stimulus check 1 and stimulus check 2 information under Review down the left hand side of the screen.
You can access your stimulus check choices by following these steps:
- Down the left side of the screen, click on Federal.
- Across the top of the screen, click on Other Tax Situations.
- At the screen Let’s keep going to wrap up. Click on Let’s keep going.
- At the screen Let’s make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click Continue.
- At the screen Did you get a stimulus payment? you can update your stimulus check entries.
TurboTax will compare your two payment amounts to the computation within TurboTax. The computations within TurboTax are based upon the information that has been entered into the tax software. If you are due an additional amount, it will be issued as a Rebate Recovery Credit (RRC) on line 30 of the 2020 1040 tax return.
See also this TurboTax Help.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"