• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jackandmartha

I am using turbo tax business for an llc. The llc flipped a house during the year. How do I record that in turbo tax?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Leonard
Intuit Alumni

I am using turbo tax business for an llc. The llc flipped a house during the year. How do I record that in turbo tax?

Using TurboTax you will report the sale of your "flipped house" on From 4797 Sale of Business Property.

Search for 4797 in TurboTax and select Jump to sale of business property in the Top Questions results window.

Follow the program prompts to enter your property a;e information.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
jackandmartha

I don't understand the answer.  I don't see "Jump to sale of business property. "  Is that the same as selling business assets?
Leonard
Intuit Alumni

What version of TurboTax are you using ?
jackandmartha

I am using Turbo Tax business.
ghinvestments

I have the same question:  Multi-member buying and selling a home.  None of the "Business Income" categories seem to apply.  Are you saying that we should use "Business property/asset disposals"?
Leonard
Intuit Alumni

Using TurboTax you will report the sale of your "flipped house" on From 4797 Sale of Business Property.

Search for 4797 in TurboTax and select Jump to sale of business property in the Top Questions results window.

Follow the program prompts to enter your property a;e information.

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v