franc05848

I am using the self-employed version, but I cannot find where to put losses for my business. Do I need the turbo tax business?

MichelleT

Self Employed includes these schedules:

Schedule D Capital Gains and Losses 

Schedule E Supplemental Income and Loss, including rental property 

Schedule C/C-EZ Profit or Loss from Business (Expenses) 1099 misc

To add Business expenses:

>Go to your Sch C self employment, click the Business name,

>I'll chose what I work on, 

>Add Expense for this work,

Below is the link to a useful chart of TurboTax products and the features for each product as well as the Tax Forms each program includes. You can search by product or by forms supported.

Scroll down past middle of the page and click on Tax Forms, highlighted in blue.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/free-edition.jsp

What losses?  You enter the income you received and the expenses you paid.  Then Turbo Tax calculates the Net Profit or Loss.  Where are you stuck?
MichelleT

Self Employed includes these schedules:

Schedule D Capital Gains and Losses 

To add Business expenses:

>I'll chose what I work on, 

>Add Expense for this work,

franc05848

If you are a daytrader and need to enter a loss, go to Schedule C but skip the 1099-MISC "Other Income" box. It will not allow you to enter a negative number so skip that section and go to "Additional Income" and enter the negative amount (your losses).

FPL_SE

Has this info been verified?  I lost quite a bit of income due to quarantine cancellations and trying to determine where to enter business losses.  Thank you.