turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

llh001

My W-2 section 12 has 5 items need to be input. But the Premier (CD) I bought only has 4 rows. How can I work it out?

I tried to new a W-2 and input the 5th item of section 12. In this way, Turbotax will not allow me to do e-filling because this W-2's box1 amount is zero.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CapB

My W-2 section 12 has 5 items need to be input. But the Premier (CD) I bought only has 4 rows. How can I work it out?

To add an additional row to Box 12a-12d, of your Form W-2 (Online), click the "+ Add another row" hyperlink.

To add an additional row to Box 12a-12d, of your Form W-2 (Desktop EasyStep) scroll down to Box 12a-d and use the small scroll bar within Box 12 (to the right of Amount) and move  down as far as possible to see the next available row.

OR

In Desktop Forms you can also:
1. Click on "Forms" (top left corner).
2. Select the W-2 you want to update and scroll down the screen until you see Box 12 code and Box 12 Amount.
3. Place your mouse in the far right of the last Box 12 Amount field.
4. Press "enter" to add more than 4 rows in TurboTax Desktop for Windows and Mac.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
CapB

To add an additional row to Box 12a-12d, of your Form W-2 (Online), click the "+ Add another row" hyperlink.

To add an additional row to Box 12a-12d, of your Form W-2 (Desktop EasyStep) scroll down to Box 12a-d and use the small scroll bar within Box 12 (to the right of Amount) and move  down as far as possible to see the next available row.

OR

In Desktop Forms you can also:
1. Click on "Forms" (top left corner).
2. Select the W-2 you want to update and scroll down the screen until you see Box 12 code and Box 12 Amount.
3. Place your mouse in the far right of the last Box 12 Amount field.
4. Press "enter" to add more than 4 rows in TurboTax Desktop for Windows and Mac.
llh001

I am not using Turbotax online copy. I am using Premier edition CD. There is no hyperlink allow me to "+Add another row"
CapB

To add an additional row to line 12 using TurboTax Desktop:  move the Box 12 scroll bar (on the right) all the way down to see the next available row.
llh001

There isn't "+Add another row" blue hyperlink under the first column. I am using MacOS. Maybe Turbotax Windows edition does not have this bug.
llh001

In order to input the 5th row of W-2 box12, I created another W-2. After everything worked out, Turbotax told me that I cannot use E-filling because this 2nd W-2's box1 is less than 1 dollar. So I have to delete this W-2 and try to figure out other way to input the 5th row of box 12. If I am told that Turbotax MacOS edition cannot solve this problem, that means I have to redo everything.
CapB

Edited 2/17/17: You can also click on "Forms Mode" (top left corner), select the W-2 you want to update, scroll down the screen until you see Box 12, place your mouse in the last completed number field, press enter to add a new line, enter your code and amount to add more than 4 rows in TurboTax Premier for Mac (Desktop).
llh001

Great job! It works.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies