deaton408

I am not self-employed. I have a small business and I work full time as a nurse. Why am I paying self-employment tax?

You just said you have a small business.  That is self employment.  If you got a 1099Misc for it that is self employment.  Or are you doing a separate Business return like a 1065 Partnership or LLC or 1120 S or C corp?
smith_2075

if you have a small business, any income you earn through that company is income that is earned by you an is considered self-employed. It has nothing to do with being a full time nurse, they are separate.
deaton408

Thanks!