turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am looking for software recommendation to file my taxes for a small business (LLC single member). I paid w2 employees and 1099 contractors.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I am looking for software recommendation to file my taxes for a small business (LLC single member). I paid w2 employees and 1099 contractors.

If you choose to use the TurboTax online web-based editions then you will need the Self-Employed edition which supports both W-2 employee income along with personal deductions and self-employed income and expenses which are reported on a Schedule C, included with the Form 1040.  If you need to also complete a state tax return that is an additional charge with the online editions and is currently $44.99 for each state program.  There are no e-file fees for either a federal tax return or a state tax return using the online editions.  The online editions can only be used for one tax return per account and User ID.  So if another return is needed a new account would be needed to be created and paid for along with creating a new User ID for that account.

TurboTax online editions - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/

Or you could use any of the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions that would installed on a personal computer.  All the desktop editions include the same forms, schedules and worksheets so any edition could be used for your tax situation.  The difference between the desktop editions is the amount of help and assistance provided within the software.  So the desktop Home & Business edition would be the recommended edition in your case, but Not required.

Note also that there is one free state program download included in the purchase price of the desktop editions (except for the Basic edition).  There are also 5 free federal tax return e-files included with the desktop editions.  There is an e-file charge that is currently $24.99 for e-filing a state tax return but that charge can be avoided by printing and mailing the state tax return. (A New York state return is free to e-file)

TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

MinhT
Expert Alumni

Your single member LLC is a disregarded entity and its income and expenses can be reported on Schedule C of your personal tax return (form 1040).

To file your tax return, you can use TurboTax Self-Employed Online or TurboTax Home & Business CD/Download.

The CD/downloaded version (Home and Business) is installed on your computer, and the Online version (Self Employed) is completely cloud-based. 

With either version, you can prepare and e-file forms W-2 and 1099-MISC.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies