turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am a small business owner that started a S-Corp LLC in 11/2016. Should I start a new turbo tax account solely for my business or can I just add this to my old account?

I made no revenue in 2016 because the business is new.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Carl
Level 15

I am a small business owner that started a S-Corp LLC in 11/2016. Should I start a new turbo tax account solely for my business or can I just add this to my old account?

You'll be filing an 1120-S tax return for the S-Corp. You can't do that online, or with a MAC. You have to purchase TurboTax Business (different from Home & Business) and physically install it on a windows computer. Then use that program to file your corporate tax return. Get TurboTax Business at https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/

Note that you can not even start your personal return until you have completed the 1120-S business return. This is because the business will be issuing all owners/shareholders in the S-Corp appropriate tax reporting documents they will need to report their gains/losses on their personal tax return.

Thank you for the information! I read this on another website, but just wanted to make sure. Take care!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies